The Deakin Casuals Action Network (DCAN) was established in 2020 with the first official DCAN meeting held on Thurs 6 August 2020.
The network fights for better working conditions and rights for casual and fixed term staff. We believe that casual staff deserve to be paid for every hour they work and legitimate pathways into secure employment.
Over the past two years we have:
- Demanded pay for the Queen’s Memorial Public holiday (a success!)
- Advocated for casual staff to maintain access to the library and IT services over short periods of inactive employment. Our open letter received over 400 signatures.
- Demanded accountability from the university regarding the appalling treatment of sessional staff over the pandemic
- Advocated for casual sick pay and pandemic leave
- Demanded the university to meet its legal obligations to provide pathways for ongoing, secure work
As we go into bargaining in 2022, we need your help to advocate for better casual staff working conditions. To get involved, please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
News and meetings
There are no upcoming events at this time